Chiropractic Treatment now covered by Medicare.
Medicare now covers up to a maximum of five chiropractic treatments per patient per calender year. Chiropractic patients eligible for this rebate (of $52.95) must have had (or are likely to have) a chronic or complex condition for 6 months or longer. It includes conditions such as asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions and stroke.
In order to receive the rebate the patient must get an Chronic Disease Management plan from their GP before coming to the chiropractor. More information can be found here:
- Maximum of five (5) services per patient each calendar year
- Medicare rebate of $52.95 per service, with out-of-pocket costs counting towards the extended Medicare safety net
- Patient must have a Chronic Disease Management plan prepared by their GP
- GP refers to allied health professional
- Allied health professional must report back to the referring GP